Slow down and smell the coffee...

So true!!!! I got behind a little old man the other day..on my way to work..in a hurry..I was late...hmmm.. He was going 20 miles per hour in a 40 and I thought...OMG Why me??? Then I stopped and thought" I wonder why elderly people do drive so slow?" I mean it's so much more than a cliche...it's actually very true??? I came to the conclusion as I was driving slow to work that day...that one day we will all eventually get there.. I mean to that slower paced life.. And actually It isn't such a bad way to be. Perhaps if we were less anxiety driven, nervous, speeding down the road we'd have less wrecks and need less pharmaceutical help to just stay sane...???? I mean when you get older, you retire, you have less places you just have to be..right??? And you have grown wise. All that living has made you realize that all the places you thought you had to be at...at 80 mph...you really can still get there going 40 mph and it all still works out ok. Wisdom...is the prize..you know what they say youth is wasted on the young...HMMMMMMMMMM. So the moral of the story is I took a fine lesson from the little old man going 20...smile

Comments

Popular Posts