Homemade!!

Remember the days when everything was homemade....even dinner??? LOL Now were all lucky to once in awhile get a piece of homemade pie or cake..The magic of what "Grandmas" used to do is slowly fading into nothing more than a fond remembrance...Ughhh kind of sad. I know I always admired my grandparents, and my great grandma Mimi for their diligent, crafty, and yes artisinal work they did with food, furniture, and curtains...smile. The lasagna noodles were always homemade...so was the pie crust. The curtains were made on that old Singer sewing machine, and grandpa actually built his own house with his own two hands...OMG.. Actually so did my dad...so he's been able to carry on the family tradition of carpentry...But me...umm I not so sure.. I'd like too. I love all things crafty..I like to bake...but its more of a hobby, then a way of life. Maybe that should change. I want to learn how to make buttermilk biscuits from scratch which I have several recipes for that I've even posted on here in the past.... But right now I have my eye set on some homemade cinnamon rolls....Check it out..          

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 2 dozen bunsChange Servings
  • PREP
    15 mins
  • COOK
    20 mins
  • READY IN
    3 hrs35 mins

Directions

  1. In a bread machine pan, place the milk, beaten egg, melted butter, water, vanilla pudding mix, bread flour, sugar, salt and yeast in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle.
  2. When cycle is finished, remove the dough, and knead for 3 to 5 minutes. Roll out to a large rectangle.
  3. Mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread over dough. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts and raisins, if desired. Starting with the widest end, roll the dough into a log. Pinch to seal seams. Cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch slices, and place in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Place in a draft-free space, and allow to rise until doubled.
  4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. To make frosting, mix the milk, confectioners sugar, softened butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Spread over warm cinnamon rolls
  • Tip
  • Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.

Comments

Popular Posts