Homemade Face Cream
Author: Noelle Tarr/The Prairie Homestead
Recipe type: DIY Beauty
- 1 cup aloe vera gel
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons jojoba oil
- 1.5 tablespoons beeswax pastilles (Can also use ¾th of a 1 oz bar of beeswax, diced finely or grated)
- 5-8 drops essential oil like lavender or geranium (optional)
- Heat coconut oil, beeswax, and jojoba oil in a modified double boiler, stirring occasionally to make sure contents combine.
- Once liquid, pour mixture into glass blender and allow mixture to completely cool (about 1 - 1.5 hours.) Once the mixture has cooled, take a spatula and scrap down the sides of the blender to loosen the contents.
- Turn blender on low and slowly pour aloe vera gel into the mixture, stopping occasionally to allow contents to combine.
- If contents get "stuck" in the blender, continue to scrap down the sides of the blender and whip mixture by hand until light, fluffy texture forms.
- Once aloe vera has been mixed in, blend 5-8 drops essential oil into lotion.
- SPECIAL REMINDER! It's incredibly important to allow mixture to completely cool in blender before adding aloe vera gel. Also, you'll get the best results using a natural aloe vera gel. Aloe vera juice or homemade gel will not work the same.
Recipe by The Prairie Homestead at http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2016/01/aloe-face-cream-recipe.html