Rain and War

Well today is a old rainy day...bummer.. But on the bright side we actually do need the rain. The ground here is down right parched. I've been cleaning in the house today, and I feel a bit yucky my stomach hurts and I just don't feel up to power...Last nite I went to see Mary Poppins.. the umbrella and the red reminds me of the story. But also the state of the world right now...dark..but hopefully color and light will return soon.
I bit on what's going on right now in the world today. War, Insurgents, and peace talks are the current headlines of the day. It's really sad all the horrible things that are going on in the world as I type this. As a American living in a very free, very peaceful country..it's hard for me to understand what it must feel like to never know when a bomb is going to drop, or a evacuation is going to take place. It's must be awful to not have any peace of mind and to be constantly warring with your neighbors. Here in the USA we sometimes complain about how this isn't right or that isn't fair. But the truth is at times likes this we should all realize...IT could be so much WORSE!! I've been doing alot of Genealogy research lately and when I think about my ancestors who ventured over to this NEW WORLD..I wonder if they knew then the impact their actions would have on future generations, and how much they meant to us today. They made our lives as we know it possible. Possibly that's where America gets its spirit at. America was built by true dreamers who had the courage and bravery to seek a place where all their hopes could come true... Thank you Ancestors!!

Comments

Popular Posts