Weird Ways

The garden is somewhat odd this growing season.. As you remember back in February I was going on and on about the seemingly endless winter. I mean come on we had a freeze scare in late May..weird?? Even weirder is that as of now July 6, I just cleaned out my first garden bed, kinda early you think.. I had to pull up my squash and beans plants cause simply put they were just done, I've already been harvesting them for about 3 weeks now. Stranger yet is that the whole garden, including the parched looking grass looks and feels like its lets say Late August.. You know that time of year when things are starting to dry up, you see lots of yellow leaves and the summer garden is winding down. It's time to clean it up and put out your fall garden. Well I'm basically at that point now July 6th..ok whats up?? Back in May we were still hoping winter would finally let us out of it's everlasting grip with temps toying with low 30's at nite, now only a month and half later were into what seems like the beginnings of Fall??? June was super hot..I mean hot like July and August Hot. We started off with everything a month behind now everything has somehow made up that lost month and pushed a month or 2 forward?? I just wish I could figure out what's causing all this. Did the long winter disrupt the normal scheme of things, are we experiencing some type of climate changes, I'm not yet aware of?? The tomatoes are getting ravished by the thirsty squirrels I've done all I can I can't seem to keep them out of the vegetable beds..Oh what to do?? Any advice would be much appreciated.. I think this year the squirrels will get more tomatoes than I will..lol I planted some new squash seeds today at this rate they should be grown and ready for harvest in about 3 weeks...hahaha well you never know...we are in the midst of a very weird summer.

I like the way they didi this..might keep the rabbits away!!

Or maybe it's Mr. Rabbit??

Comments

Popular Posts