Happy Beltane!!

 Happy May Day...aka Beltane... It's Official Spring has sprung and summer is not that far off...today we started out very cool at around 40 degrees now it feels like somewhere around sunny and 75...a truly lovely day!!! Even more so a great day to do yard work and a even better day to be at the Kentucky Oaks...yes it's just acrossed the river..smile.. Oh for those of you who aren't from these parts..The Oaks is a huge horse race for the filly's..tomorrow we have the Derby..and that's usually all about the colts...lol... But anyway I got alottt...I mean alott of work done today in the yard..Actually I'm exhausted, and I have to go to work in a hour....lol...oh my. I'll post some pictures later of all the hard work.. Back to Beltane...I planted seeds today in honor of such a special day..and asked that the fairy's and Mother Nature bless my seedlings and help them prosper...Bless Be.... A little on Beltane...
A note...I see Beltane as a day of honoring the earth and springtime.. A day for starting seedlings, and planting trees and flowers. Beltane is all about renewal, and fertility, and the bounty of nature...A wonderful full growing season approaches...I also see it as a day the fairy's come out and bless the gardens... Celebrate this day with a bonfire roasting hot dogs with family and friends...plant a special tree...start a fairy garden...do a garden blessing...I'm not into the whole scandalous side of Beltane...so I won't mention it here...
April's showers have given way to rich and fertile earth, and as the land greens, there are few celebrations as representative of fertility as Beltane. Observed on May 1st (or October 31 - November 1 for our Southern Hemisphere readers), festivities typically begin the evening before, on the last night of April. It's a time to welcome the abundance of the fertile earth....

Comments

Popular Posts