Letter to.........

A few weeks ago a friend of mine gave her grandchildren a very interesting and thought provoking assignment.. To write a letter to their future child??? Hmmm??? What would one write if given the opportunity to do so... I thought maybe I could write one myself even if I never have children, or if they were already lost.. Still maybe it would lighten the load on my heart...
Dear Daughter
   If you are reading this my dearest wish for you is that you are first and for most GOOD... that you are KIND, that you are GENEROUS, that you are soft not hard, loving not vengeful, that you are all that is right and just in the world. My hope is that you live in a world where these qualities are strengths not weakness, in a time where all that you are will flourish and make you a great force to be reckoned with, not burdened down by the crushing heaviness these same qualities have perpetrated upon me. I live in a darkened time...a place not for the pure of heart...my time has cursed me. You however have the chance to be so much more, to feel the freedom that being good will bestow upon you..You are the dream at the end of all the suffering of those who came before you...perfect peace awaits. I wish I could have known you better, and if given the chance I hope I would have lead you
 down a righteous path, one tempered with my kindness, with a father who would have done the
 same... I loved you before I knew you...You were the hope...you saved our world....

Comments

Popular Posts