Another nice day..and the garden thus far...


Garden Update!! I have been a little behind on discussing how the garden is doing..now that I have the great weather to get outside...that's exactly what I've been doing..hence less time to talk about it on here..lol.. Go figure..but I want to keep up with this because it's become important to me. This morning I got out there early and planted all my bean seeds. I realized today I hadn't bought any bush bean seeds this year..hmm not sure why not? I had 2 packs of organic bush bean seeds from last year that I didn't plant..I'm a tad bit worried that they won't come up since they are a year out of season..but we will see. I also had a pack of some long type variety pole beans from 2012...ohhh my!! I planted those as well...again time will tell if they come up. My fingers are crossed. A friend of mine gave me a pack of these purple bush beans..they are for this season..smile...and I planted them along side the others. I also planted 2 blueberry bushes, and one black raspberry. I have little experience with berries so I'm not sure how they will go.. I scattered some Miracid on them and watered...I know they like acid so I'm giving them a little boost early on. My seeds are doing well.. If I could keep the squirrels out of them..lol The Borage and Mugwort are doing great and today I noticed one Comfrey seed has emerged from the dirt. The other Richters seeds haven't come up yet..but I kinda expected that. They are harder seeds to get started..Cowslip, Broom, and Belladonna..I truly hope they come up. My cool weather garden is doing awesome growing my leaps and bounds. I miracle growed yesterday...
Very cute..but would a bird really fly in there?
  The woodland garden is well under way. The other day I transplanted all kinds of Echinacea, Black Eyed Susans, Yarrow, and Valerian to the big front bed. At the end of the day I mulched and watered. The next day everything seemed to have stood right up so Yahh!!! I think there all going to make it. There is so much work down there at times it can be a bit overwhelming. But the best way to deal with a overwhelming garden..is to take one section at a time... one project at a time. I tend to look at it as a whole..and well freak a bit.. But if I break it down and see it as today this is my project..I will accomplish this today..It all doesn't seem so big. We cleaned out the old herb bed that was basically taken over by weeds and peppermint.. and moved a ton..literally of rock from a old garden area that had since fallen into ruin. This year were basically trying to redue everything!!! Redue it all and make it nice again..the hole place is definitely in for a makeover. This years garden reminds me of the garden in its second year. That first year everything was totally natural and built by us..little money was spent.. The second year we spent more money and got into building many more beds and sitting areas..The garden at that time was in a stage of transition..just as it is now. We pruned all the trees down there..and boy did they need it.. The willows desperately needed a haircut. We decided to make the one willow tree a bird area..and hang birdhouses and feeders from its limbs. Needless to say we raked, lifted, transplanted, and hauled off alot..of waste... It was a hard days work..but the results were a bounding sense of accomplishment, and that yes..we are moving in the right direction!
  I'm going to have to take some current pictures of the garden, so everyone can see the transformation.. where is that camera..the phone pics just don't cut it. Till next time..

Comments

Popular Posts