Dreams

 I could live Here and Love it!! This picture is my idea of the perfect little cottage, complete with the white picket fence and arbor ..that I'm so enchanted by!! I can so see myself sitting on the white bench after a long morning of tending the gardens, sipping my favorite cup of tea..
Having said that..its almost a necessity that the herb garden have a white picket fence surrounding it...its just makes sense!! I've never had a herb garden like I picture in my dreams, but possibly this year we can remedy that...smile
Below are some ideas for herb garden layouts, of course with white fences.. We are all still deciding what herbs will go in our new garden. Do we want medicinal herbs, cooking herbs, enchanted plants?? There are so many to choose from.. I'd like to try a few really different herbs I have never grown before. It posts a challenge!! And for me there is something about my little seedlings sprouting...growing their first few leaves, and then transforming into something really spectacular that I've never grown before...its just awesome!! I get so excited about starting my seedlings!! Its a waiting game that usually ends in a delightful surprise..I stand back with such pride...wow...Did I actually grow that?? My favorite places to shop for herbs are definitely Richter's online catalog, and Stream Cliff Herb Farm that opens around the first of April.. Stream Cliff is a local herb farm rich in history..with a lovely little tea room that specializes in homemade recipes and a wonderful herbal tea of the day!! I posted a link to Stream Cliff Herb Farm, and a great site that discusses the history of herb garden design..check it out!! 



Here are a few great links!!
http://www.bbg.org/gardening/article/history_of_herb_garden_design
http://streamclifffarm.com/

Comments

Popular Posts