Winter Will Never End...

  I woke up this morning to that glaring bright light that only comes from one thing...a garden full of snow..I scurried to my window and peered out...3-5 inches of white fluffy snow blanketed the earth..I've been thinking alot about the garden lately, going through my seed catalogs, and scimming through all those garden design books. I'm getting extremely anxious...somehow I forget it's only January 21st...winter is far from over..Take a look..

     Winter Garden Project for our hungry feathered and furry friends!!


                   Citrus Feeder

              Materials:  empty grapefruit or orange halves, bird seed, string or yarn, 4 toothpicks.

Make 2 evenly spaced holes through the top rim of an empty grapefruit or orange half. Stick 4 tooth picks threw the 4 sides of your orange. Tie some string around two sides of the toothpicks as shown below.. Fill with your favorite birdseed.



                                                           Pine Cone Feeder


Materials:
  • pine cones
  • peanut butter
  • suet
  • birdseed
  • string or yarn
Gather pine cones. Use spoons to slather peanut butter and suet onto the pine cones. Roll the cones in birdseed. Tie to a tree branch with a piece of string or yarn.
 

Comments

Popular Posts