"Just Believe"

I've been thinking alot lately about life and change...and its true its easy to get caught in a rutt..to feel nice and safe inside the rabbit hole...wink. We mustn't live in the past but rather look to the future. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. You'll never have another day like today..and you'll never be as young as you are right now. So don't waste the precious moments that are today by dwelling on what wasn't...yesterday or years gone by.. I'm so guilty of that..I think we all are at times. I miss certain times in my life, people that aren't here anymore and relationships that have fallen by the wayside. My great grandmother Mimi used to say "This To Shall Pass" I've used that advice on many occasions in my life, but still sometimes I forget...what her words truly meant.. I'm a dweller and the worst possible of worryworts..very bad habits for someone who wishes to stay positive. I used to be positive!!! See the glass as half full rather than empty...the most unlikely of people reminded me of that yesterday. While yet another reminded me that is not who I am now.. I've lost that side of me..and I want it back!! The unknown is scary, uncertain, there are so many possibilities out there..so much to see and do, and become.. I think perhaps I should just take one day at a time and be happy in the moments I do have. Not think about what I don't have, or what others do, or mercilessly compare myself to everyone else, and there seemingly "perfect" lives. Believe me you will always fall short..at least in your mind.. The mind is the post powerful of things and has the ability to withstand earth shattering circumstances that could level the greatest of cities.. But is also has the ability to break..just as a fault makes way for a earthquake.. Heartache, hurt, sorrow, and grief can drive one to the darkest sanctums of the soul..a place no one wants to go.. If you come back..you'll always feel that Echo..its always there, all we can do is strive to live in the light.. A place of unconditional love, frienship, and postive thinking!! So look to the future..look ahead into the sun...ofcourse with proper sunglasses..smile, and leave the darkness behind you....
I'm not sure when this blog turned into a daily place for me to rant, soooo...and this post isn't so much about gardening, flowers, and potting soil.. But it does speak to new beginnings and a garden is just that..every year it changes and grows, driven by our whims, or not.. Our garden, or lack there of has been driven by our darkness the last several years, or maybe a better way to say it.. Our temporary lapse in seeing the way..or the light.. So ultimatley this post makes perfect sense!! It's a glimpse, perhaps a explanation to such a lovely gardens temporary demise. This year is our new beginning a chance to start over...a chance to feel like we used too.. Happy.

Comments

Popular Posts