A Yummy Bread Pudding

Yesterday I tried a recipe for bread pudding I saw in a Taste of Home magazine...yes I went to the library. Usually when I go to the library I come home with all kinds of interesting magazines, and books..this trip was no different. I found my friend a couple Diabetic cook books, she's been working so hard on keeping her husband healthy. When I got home I was paging threw one of the magazines and I saw a caramel apple bread pudding. It took me back to the days I'd spent with my grandmother Marjorie. She was a awesome cook and baker. Sometimes we'd make a recipe together and bread pudding was one of them. Now I don't have her recipe for bread pudding...oh how I wish I did. It was the best. I do remember she'd soak her bread in milk over nite..So I took the recipe out of the magazine and kind of tweaked it to make it more like grandmas...She used lots of cinnamon, and preferred Milnot to cream...so do I..smile.

Bread Pudding

Almost a whole loaf of White bread, minus about 5 slices..pulled apart into small pieces.
1 cup milk 2%
1 cup Milnot
4 eggs
3 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

For Glaze:
3/4 cup Milnot
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla

So here's what I did, I mixed the milk, milnot, eggs, vanilla, and sugar together I then added the bread. I topped it off with the spices and mixed it all together. I let it set in a bowl in the refrigerator for about 3 hours, then I took it out and put the mixture into a buttered 9 x 13 baking dish. I baked it on 350 for about 25-30 mins or until done. While it was baking I made the sauce on top the stove in a saucepan. You mix the cream, butter, sugar, and vanilla together and melt it all down till it's slightly thickened. Once the bread pudding is done I poked holes in the pudding and poured the glaze on top.. I served it warm with whip cream and a dash of cinnamon...Yummy just like grandma's..SMILE

Comments

Popular Posts