The Harvest Homecoming Baking Contest!!!

Hello all...I'm in a baking mood today, as tomorrow marks the day of the Annual Harvest Homecoming Baking Contest!! Woohoo! Last year I made a cake and came in 2nd in my categpry...I'm hoping for a trophy this year with these delicious pumpkin bars..Yummy. I hope they are as moist as this blogger boasts, if so I may have myself a winner.. Wish Me Luck! I'll let you know if I win!! These little pumpkin lovelies are so moist, so moist, so moist. I can't think of another adjective right now, otherwise I would use it. But they really are that moist. So soft and tender that when you pick them up, you'll leave little finger indents. The only thing I altered in this recipe is the frosting. Instead of using the original cream cheese frosting, I referenced another one of my all-time favorite pumpkin recipes, Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, and tossed in some maple extract. Yeah, that did it for me. I absolutely love the combination of pumpkin, spices and maple. I can't tell you exactly what it is [if someone else can, please chime in!] but that combination is just too Fall to pass up.

Oh, and this recipe is uber simple and quick. So you have no excuse to not whip these up for your loved ones. Don't deprive them of something this good! .

Ingredients:

Bars:

1 (29 oz.) can pumpkin puree

3/4 c. canola oil

3 large eggs

1-2/3 c. sugar

2 c. all purpose flour

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 tsp. ground ginger

1 tsp. ground nutmeg

Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:

2 c. powdered sugar, sifted

1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened

1 tsp. maple extract

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, canola oil, eggs, and sugar until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
2. In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and fold together until completely combined.





 
3. Pour pumpkin mixture into ungreased 15x10-inch pan.


 
4. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let pan cool completely.



 
5. Meanwhile, for frosting, combine cream cheese and butter just until combined (do not overmix).



6. Add in maple extract.
7. On low speed, slowly add in powdered sugar. Once combined, increase mixer speed to mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate frosting until ready to use.

8. Spread frosting over pumpkin bars. Enjoy!!


Comments

Popular Posts