It's Time for a Makeover

It's a lovely fall day..well it's cloudy and cold...lol... But it's been so hot this nice cool weather is a welcome treat. Yes, Fall is in the Air... This is one of my favorite times of year. I was thinking about taking up a bunch of bushes in my front yard that have started to die...When is the best time to do this...grand makeover? Hmmmm.. I of course hit the net and tried to figure out what I can and can not plant in the fall, and the best time of year to overhaul the yard...I initially thought it wouldn't be a bright idea to plant bushes in the fall, I was thinking they wouldn't have enough time to establish. However, the reading seems to indicate that if you plant your new bushes at least a month before frost...then they will have enough time to establish. Plus it said they actually like being planted in the cooler weather because they don't like trying to establish in the super hot heat...good to know. I'm thinking about just taking everything up, weeding, replanting, mulching, and setting out a couple mums....wonderful!!! I have a plan!

Comments

Popular Posts