Sad News

Lets see...today I received a distressing call, my neighbor had just run over her cat and killed it...ahhhhh..soo sad. She was devastated, feeling guilty that she'd killed her little angel. Sassafras as I called her...just Kitty to Mary..was a stray cat that wondered into our lives about 15 years ago.The vet said then she was about 8 years old... WOW!!! Twenty-Three years is a nice long life for a cat. Sass was a medium sized American Short hair, with a solid black coat. She had started to slow down and I think it was only a matter of time. It was probably a blessing in disguise because Sass's arthritis had become extremely painful for her and she was almost blind. Although that is little comfort for Mary right now..sigh..frown. Just before it happened I saw a Hummingbird buzzing around the back window.. Wohoo!! My first one this season. Mary loves hummingbirds, and adores watching them.. Later, I began to wonder if the hummingbird wasn't Sassafras's spirit soaring away....in her beloved owners favorite little bird... Go on Sass Your Free...
“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” - Jack Lemmon
“A pet is never truly forgotten until it is no longer remembered.” - Lacie Petitto

Comments

Popular Posts