Crafty Feeders

My Mom and Aunt Love yard sales..every year they go on the "Longest Yardsale" which starts in Kentucky and goes through Tennessee on down to Alabama. They always return with a truckload full of "treasures"..I always enjoy digging through the truck..."OMG You really got that for a dollar?" My Aunt and Uncle own a Antique shop is Northern Indiana so many of their finds end up here. They both have a real nac for finding a bargain..and their Master's of the bartering process. Now my Aunt is extremely crafty and she recently got my mom into doing "Yard Art" which for them entails making an array of bird feeders and lawn ornaments with an assortment of cups and dishes they've found on their adventures. They've really come up with some interesting stuff. I personally fancy the cup and saucer bird feeders, I think there simple but elegant.. and look lovely in the garden, adding just enough artistic whimsy to the scene. Some of the stacked lawn ornaments, which typically feature many plates are a little much for my taste and they are hard to glue together... The simple stuff is easier to assemble and typically braves the elements longer.. Take a look at these fine examples!! My mom usually uses E-600 a great glue for these outdoor projects..

Comments

Popular Posts