"Art Diary's"

 
Hello All!! I believe I mentioned before I'm very into crafts... I recently came across a technique called Art Journaling, I've done this type of art before but I didn't realize it was what is now termed "Art Journaling". Keeping in touch with the Rowan Moon theme of creativity here goes...Art Journaling is basically using alot of different mediums to create art on various canvas's such as old books, newspapers, and even new notebooks. Once the art part is done..you can then use these little pieces of art as outlets for your thoughts, hopes, and dreams..hence the journaling part..When all is said and done the end result is a interesting piece of art that looks very "shabby" or rustic will you, making use of various mixed media techniques. Basically its Scrapbooking hits graffiti..hits stamping hits..your inner creativity!!You can't go wrong with this technique, its like taking a bunch of kids and giving them some finger paints..Adult Style!! The messier the better, mistakes can be easily covered up, and look as if you meant for it to look that way. You can start with a old book. I used a old book once to do this, you can find them anywhere at yard sales, flea markets, even books you know you'll never read again. This is a great way to recycle something and make it functional once more...and pretty!!You take the book, and you just get sloppy. I cover the pages with lightly diluted paints, On top of that I splash alcohol inks everywhere...just to mess it up a bit..smile. I then add stamps, you can stamp the pages using rubber stamps with black ink, or sometimes I even use foam stamps with paint, just to give the page a added dimension, Some people even use Gesso, or some other medium to "build up" the page  and make it looker thicker. You can add stickers, distress the sides of the pages with ink..do little drawings. Sometimes I cut out pictures from magazines of things I like, or dream about having one day..that sets the tone for that particular page..You then use this as inspiration for your journal entry. I typically use black ink or dark colored markers to write with because they will show up on your heavily decorated pages..Have fun !!

Comments

Popular Posts