Keep On the Sunnyside!!

Today is going to be gorgeous, lots of sun and warmer temperatures. .Well not to warm yet..but a far cry from the frigid temperatures we have been experiencing. There's something about the warmth of the sun on my skin that just lifts my spirits!! It's like it washes away the shadow of winter!! I'm so ready for that. A little Ode...to the fast approaching spring..
When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.”
Ernest Hemingway, A Moveable Feast
“It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.”
Rainer Maria Rilke
“It is a very beautiful day. The woman looks around and thinks: 'there cannot ever have been a spring more beautiful than this. I did not know until now that clouds could be like this. I did not know that the sky is the sea and that clouds are the souls of happy ships, sunk long ago. I did not know that the wind could be tender, like hands as they caress - what did I know - until now?”
Unica Zürn
“April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)”
William Shakespeare
“I suppose the best kind of spring morning is the best weather God has to offer.”
Dodie Smith, I Capture the Castle

Comments

Popular Posts