Valentines, Hearts, and Flower Power..

bleeding-heart-card-resize.jpg
 
  Happy Valentines Day to all my Friends...I love you all!!

“If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.”
Tennyson
  There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” 
Jane Austen
“Why did you do all this for me?' he asked. 'I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you.' 'You have been my friend,' replied Charlotte. 'That in itself is a tremendous thing.” 
E.B White Charlotte's Web
“Only a true best friend can protect you from your immortal enemies.” 
Richelle Mead
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.”  Anais Nin
    The Bleeding Heart is such a lovely flower.. One of my favorites to emerge in the Spring. I have these planted under a shade tree in the yard.. They seem to love it under that old tree because they have thrived there for many years. A Bleeding Heart is such a traditional perennial..I often think when looking at them this could be Victorian England..and I'd be witness to the very same sight. Their look is so tender and delicate, yet strong a relentless..a good lesson for us all. Many believe that Flowers contain the essence or properties of a certain character trait. For example, a rose may uplift you, while another flower may bring you down..There is a entire body of writing out there devoted to the Language and Meaning of Flowers.. Many cultures also make use of flower essences for their medicinal properties. Hence, flowers are not only used for their aesthetically pleasing qualities but also for our emotional and physical health!! Below is a little dictionary for you..I know this is a super long post, but I wanted this to be saved on here in case anyone ever wanted to look back and find a particular flower meaning!! I'll post later about Flower Essence therapy.. Enjoy..and Happy Valentine's Day
The Meaning of Flowers:
  • ACACIA BLOSSOM - Concealed Love; Beauty in Retirement; Chaste Love
  • ACORN- Nordic Symbol of Life and immortality
  • AMBROSIA- Your Love is Reciprocated
  • AMARYLLIS- Pride; Pastoral Poetry
  • ANEMONE- Forsaken
  • ARBUTUS- Thee Only Do I Love
  • ASTER- Symbol of Love: Daintiness
  • AZALEA- Take Care of Yourself for Me; Temperance; Fragile Passion; Chinese Symbol of Womanhood
  • BACHELOR BUTTON- Single Blessedness
  • BEGONIA- Beware
  • BELLS OF IRELAND- Good Luck
  • BITTERSWEET- Truth
  • BLUEBELL- Humility
  • BOUQUET OF WITHERED FLOWERS Rejected Love
  • CACTUS- Endurance
  • CAMELLIA Admiration; Perfection; Good Luck, Gift to a Man
  • CAMELLIA Pink - Longing for You
  • CAMELLIA Red - You're a Flame in My Heart
  • CAMELLIAWhite - You're Adorable
  • CANDY TUFT- Indifference
  • CARNATION General - Fascination; Divine Love
  • CARNATION Pink - I'll Never Forget You CARNATION, Purple - Capriciousness
  • CARNATION Red - My Heart Aches for You; Admiration
  • CARNATION Solid Colour - Yes
  • CARNATION Striped - No; Refusal; Sorry I Can't Be with You: Wish l Could Be with You
  • CARNATION White - Sweet and Lovely; Innocence; Pure Love; Woman's Good Luck Gift
  • CARNATION Yellow - You Have Disappointed Me; Rejection
  • CATTAIL- Peace; Prosperity
  • CHRYSANTHEMUM General - You're A Wonderful Friend; Cheerfulness and Rest
  • CHRYSANTHEMUM Red - I Love
  • CHRYSANTHEMUM White - Truth
  • CHRYSANTHEMUM Yellow - Slighted Love
  • COREOPSIS- Always Cheerful
  • CROCUS- Cheerfulness
  • CYCLAMEN- Resignation and Good-bye
  • DAFFODIL- Regard; Unrequited Love; You're the Only One; The Sun is Always Shining When I'm with You
  • DAISY- Innocence; Loyal Love; I'll Never Tell; Purity
  • DANDELION- Faithfulness; Happiness
  • DEAD LEAVES- Sadness
  • FERN- Magic; Fascination; Confidence and Shelter
  • FERN Maidenhair- Secret Bond of Love
  • FIR- Time
  • FLAX- Domestic Symbol
  • FORGET-ME-NOT- True Love; Memories
  • FORSYTHIA- Anticipation
  • GARDENIA- You're Lovely: Secret Love
  • GARLIC- Courage; Strength
  • GERANIUM-"Stupidity; Folly
  • GLADIOLUS- Give Me a Break . . . I'm Really Sincere; Flower of the Gladiators
  • GLOXINIA- Love at First Sight
  • GRASS- Submission
  • HEATHER Lavender - Admiration; Solitude
  • HEATHER White - Protection; Wishes will Come True
  • HOLLY- Defense; Domestic Happiness
  • HYACINTH General - Games and Sports; Rashness: Flower Dedicated to Apollo
  • HYACINTH Blue - Constancy
  • HYACINTH Purple - I Am Sorry; Please Forgive Me: Sorrow
  • HYACINTH Red or Pink - Play
  • HYACINTH White- Loveliness; I'll Pray for You
  • HYACINTH Yellow - Jealousy
  • HYDRANGEA- Thank You for Understanding; Frigidity; Heartlessness
  • IRIS- Fleur-de-Lis, Emblem of France: Your Friendship Means So Much to Me; Faith; Hope; Wisdom and Valour; My Compliments
  • IVY- Wedded Love; Fidelity; Friendship; Affection
  • IVY SPRIG OF WHITE TENDRILS -Anxious to Please; Affection
  • JONQUIL- Love Me; Affection Returned; Desire; Sympathy; Desire for Affection Returned
  • LARKSPUR Pink - Fickleness
  • LILY Calla - Beauty
  • LILY Day - Coquetry; Chinese Emblem for Mothers
  • LILY Eucharis - Maiden Charms
  • LILY Orange - Hatred
  • LILY Tiger - Wealth; Pride
  • LILY White - Virginity; Purity; Majesty; It's Heavenly to Be with You
  • LILY Yellow - I'm Walking on Air; False and Gay
  • LILY-0F-THE-VALLEY- Sweetness; Tears of the Virgin Mary; Return to Happiness; Humility; You've Made My Life Complete
  • MAGNOLIA- Nobility
  • MARIGOLD- Cruelty: Grief Jealousy
  • MISTLETOE- Kiss me; Affection; To Surmount Difficulties; Sacred Plant of India; Magic Plant of the Druids
  • MONKSHOOD- Beware; A Deadly Foe is Near
  • MOSS- Maternal Love; Charity
  • MYRTLE- Love; Hebrew Emblem of Marriage
  • NARCISSUS- Egotism; Formality; Stay as Sweet as You Are
  • NASTURTIUM- Conquest; Victory in Battle
  • NUTS- Stupidity
  • OLEANDER- Caution
  • ORANGE BLOSSOM- Innocence; Eternal Love; Marriage and Fruitfulness
  • ORANGE MOCK- Deceit
  • ORCHID- Love; Beauty; Refinement; Beautiful Lady; Chinese Symbol for Many Children
  • ORCHID Cattleya - Mature Charm
  • PALM LEAVES- Victory and Success
  • PEONY- Shame; Gay Life; Happy Marriage
  • PETUNIA- Resentment; Anger; Your Presence Soothes me
  • PINE- Hope; Pity
  • POPPY General - Eternal Sleep; Oblivion; Imagination
  • POPPY Red - Pleasure
  • POPPY White - Consolation
  • POPPY Yellow - Wealth; Success
  • PRIMROSE- I Can't Live Without You
  • PRIMROSE- Evening - Inconstancy
  • ROSE Bridal - Happy Love
  • ROSE Christmas - Tranquilize My Anxiety; Anxiety
  • ROSE Coral - Desire
  • ROSE Damask - Persian Ambassador of Love
  • ROSE Dark Crimson - Mourning
  • ROSE Dark Pink - Thankfulness
  • ROSE Lavender - Enchantment
  • ROSE LEAF- You May Hope
  • ROSE Orange - Fascination
  • ROSE Pale Peach - Modesty
  • ROSE Pale Pink - Grace, Joy
  • ROSE Red - Love, Respect
  • ROSE Single Full Bloom - I Love You; I Still Love You
  • ROSE Tea - I'll Remember; Always
  • ROSE Thorn less - Love at First Sight
  • ROSE White - Innocence and Secrecy
  • ROSE White and Red Together - Unity White on Red Together - Flower Emblem of England
  • ROSE Yellow - Joy, Friendship
  • SNAPDRAGON- Deception; Gracious Lady
  • SPIDER FLOWER- Elope with Me
  • STEPHANOTIS- Happiness in Marriage; Desire to Travel
  • STOCK- Bonds of Affection; Promptness; You'll Always Be Beautiful to Me
  • SWEET PEA- Good-bye; Departure; Blissful Pleasure; Thank You for a Lovely Time
  • TULIP General - Perfect Lover; Fame; Flower Emblem of Holland
  • TULIP Red- Believe Me; Declaration of Love
  • TULIP Variegated- Beautiful Eyes
  • TULIP Yellow- There's Sunshine in Your Smile
  • VIOLET- Modesty
  • VIOLET Blue - Watchfulness; Faithfulness; I'll Always Be True
  • VIOLET White - Let's Take a Chance on Happiness
  • VISCARIA-Will You Dance with Me?
  • ZINNIA Magenta - Lasting Affection
  • ZINNIA Mixed - Thinking (or in Memory) of an Absent Friend
  • ZINNIA Scarlet - Constancy
  • ZINNIA White - Goodness
  • ZINNIA Yellow - Daily Remembrance

  • Comments

    Popular Posts