The Flying Squirrel!!

Today the sun is shining, but it is still very cold!! The snow most likely won't melt for another week. I heard on the news the next chance of above freezing temperatures wont be till next Wednesday, so we best get used to it. It actually looks kind of pretty today with the sun glistening on the snow. I checked my feeders...and I couldn't help but laugh out loud!! It was hilarious..there was a squirrel doing a little acrobat act, hanging upside down eating the seed and peanut butter. He was trying to rip it down,,but he was having problems.. I went and got my phone and took a video of the show..I had trouble getting it attached to here so alas you can't view it.. Eventually the squirrel did in fact get the bird feeder torn down from the pole. I crept closer with my phone and he ran with the feeder in tow..smile. The funniest part was Mr. Squirrel sliding down the pole over and over, just like a fireman goes down the pole in the movies...so cute...it was very slippery but he kept on trying..Eventually he earned the Prize!! Squirrels will eat anything, almost weekly I throw out any kitchen scraps were not going to eat anyway. Anything from old stale nuts..to banana bread..it's always gone...within a couple days. Some people get put out with squirrels and even make special feeders to barr their attempts at feeding. I don't really care if squirrels share the surplus, I put out the food for all my outdoor friends!!. It is true sometimes squirrels will hog the feeding time..but for the most part they do a good job sharing..atleast in my yard..I have made special feeders more aimed at squirrel feeding. Such as, a board with nails, and corn cobs attached.. Squirrels seem to really enjoy this old favorite..

These are fun and relatively easy to make!!

Comments

Popular Posts