"Eat Up Me Hearties"

Good morning ! What a lovely day..smile.. anyone who lives around these parts knows I'm being just a tad bit sarcastic...lol We knew it was coming as of yesterday Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow..alas six more weeks of winter. Just what we all wanted to hear... Last night we received 3-4 more inches of snow..covering our roads and frosting the landscape. I know...just breath..
Having said that...every season of nature is lovely and meaningful even if it does delay our traffic and keep us from our daily routines. I've been paying special care to feed the birds this winter. It's been long and hard on our feathered friends. Every time I venture out to the bird feeders with a bag of goodies..I can see them start to gather. I look up and their they are perched in the trees anxiously waiting..for me to leave. I usually smile and call to them..."Come on birds, it's time to eat". As soon as I get inside and shut the door behind me, they swoop down.. I peer out the window and watch them feast on their new found supper..Such a endearing site. I believe they really are appreciative. Sometimes I think they actually wait for me to return to their designated feeding spot..maybe they are becoming accustom. Some naturalist would say that isn't such a good thing, that animals must be able to survive themselves in the wild...or the whole system breaks down and that doesn't end well for the animals. I wholeheartedly believe in that..but I also think sometimes they really do need a little help, especially when there not used to such frosty conditions. It's just a little bit of subsidy!! By the way isn't the Title for this post cute...Yessssss. I watched Black Sails on Saturday... and I'm really digging pirate slang right now!!LOL
“I don't feed the birds because they need me; I feed the birds because I need them.”
Kathi Hutton

Comments

Popular Posts