"Time for Tea"

I just love Tea!! I drink it everyday..mostly in the morning after I eat my breakfast, and often at night before I go to bed. Sometimes if I'm feeling particularly thirsty, I sip a cup during the day, while I surf the net or while reading a good book. It's a natural way to relax, not to mention warm yourself on a cold winters day. I'm a fan of the classics..black tea with cream and sugar...I know very British of me...smile. Just a spot in the morning and a wee cup at night. I also enjoy a variety of Herbal teas though I don't drink them very often. Usually when I do drink a cup of Herbal tea it's for some Medicinal purpose. This year I plan on delving into the the world of herbal teas and the various array of flavors and scents that they hold. Herbal teas can be both delicious and useful..From the alluring flavor of Jasmine tea to the calming effects of Chamomile after a rough day!! I recently received my Mountain Rose Herb Catalog!! Great company with lots of interesting products, herbal tea blends, essential oils, and seeds..a very versatile company. I always enjoy reading their catalog too, plus its always adorned with lovely and creative cover art!! In this issue they discuss the Tea Blending Triangle.. They tell us that this little tool will help us when creating our own unique tea blends. You start with the actual reason... for the tea..Is it an immune booster? Is it for relaxation and so on..This base herb represents the active ingredient on the chart. Once you have determined your purpose herb..you move on to a "supporting" ingredient. This support herb should be something that is soothing to the body part that the base herb is being used to treat. The final ingredient is known as the "Catalyst" this herb adds a pop of flavor or adds stronger potency to the active ingredient herb. Use this diagram as a little quick start tool to blending your herbal concoctions. Experiment, Play!! Have fun with it.. Believe me some will taste delightful..others not so much..wink.. But sometimes the foulest smelling brews are actually the most helpful!!



The cup of tea on arrival at a country house is a thing which, as a rule, I particularly enjoy. I like the crackling logs, the shaded lights, the scent of buttered toast, the general atmosphere of leisured coziness. ~P.G. Wodehouse



Comments

Popular Posts